Monday, June 29, 2015

liebster award :: discover new blogs

HI EVERYONE! So, I'm finally back!!! While I was gone, I'm happy to say that I was nominated by two fellow bloggers for the Liebster Award! Feel free to go check their blogs out; they're absolutely fantastic and inspiring.
Audrey at Whimsical Wanderings ]
Olivia at Life as a Young Lady ]




1. What made you decide to start blogging? Um my sister started one and I had been thinking about it for awhile. Once she started hers (which has now faded out of existence) she kind of got me to start one. After my second post, I was hooked.
2. What's your favorite article of clothing that you own? Whoa. That's a really hard one. I wear my light chambray shirt a lot. I also really like this tank top that's a gray-ish blue and says "sea to shining sea". I don't know why. Oh and this gray sweatshirt from forever 21.
3. What is your favorite book (or books, if you're like me and can't decide on just one)? I recently finished the Help, so that has got to be up there. Ugh, there are so many. The Book Thief. The Lord of the Rings. To Kill A Mockingbird. Gone With The Wind. The Great Gatsby. I honestly don't know; those are just a few.
4. If you had a superpower, what would it be? I'd have to go with the power of flight. I've always dreamed of this. Like, life goals.
5. What 3 words best describe you? prone to wander.
6. What is the best piece of advice you've ever gotten? Um. Everything in the Bible? Recently realizing the my need for the words in John 15:4, "Abide in me".
7. What is your favorite food? I like bagels and pizza a lot. I think I answered this question in my last post, heh.
8. What is a great memory from your past? This is a fairly recent memory, but it was the first to come to mind. Post baptism, I stood at the front of the auditorium [but behind the baptismal out of sight]. The amount of joy and peace and praise in my heart was overwhelming. The sound of the church singing was like the sound of a hundred waves breaking: "Be unto your name". I was dripping water and wrapped in a towel and crying because of how constant and never failing my Savior is. It never gets old.
9. Current favorite song? Okay, so, as some of you may or may not know, I just got back from my church's local mission trip, (planning on doing a post about it soon) and that trip's "song" somehow turned out to be "shut up and dance". SO, since that takes me back so vividly to the trip, I'm gonna go with that. 
10. What is the story behind your blog name? I was born in the summer of 1999. Pretty simple.
11. What is the best thing you have ever splurged on for yourself? It is actually very rare that I splurge on myself. But this year, my sister and I drove down to Florida over spring break and stayed with some friends. It took 14 hours driving down and 13 back up and gas was a pain as usual, but we made some of the best memories ever and I've never thought to regret it.

And, now, for Olivia's questions!!

1. What do you miss about your childhood? So much. Freedom, carefree-ness of it all, simplicity, living in the moment, not overthinking. I miss being little. And I miss being dirty and having fun outside all the time, and fitting in our little baby pool with all 6 cousins.
2. Lots of friends or a few good friends? A few good friends.
3. Winter evenings or Summer mornings? Summer mornings. But both are so good.
4. Coast or inland? Depends on my mood, but generally coast.
5. Where and what would your dream house be like? I see white brick and lots of windows and white sheets and lots of pillows, and an open kitchen and cozy bedrooms, and lots and lots of books.
6. Do you tend to organize or leave a mess? Organize. Always organize.
7. What sort of music do you like? There is no simple answer to this question, therefore, I'll leave it at this: I like lots of random music and I generally do not like pop music.
8. Do you have any pets? We have a dog and a cat. We used to have chickens and our goldfish recently died. 
9. Do you live in the country or city? Country.
10. Do you play an instrument? If so, what? No. I used to play the piano though.
11. Would you like to visit New Zealand someday? New Zealand is the real world's equivalent to Middle earth therefore I feel obliged give that a definite yes.

So, finally, here are the bloggers I've selected to nominate for the Liebster Award. If you decide to accept, just answer the questions below, and then nominate several other bloggers to answer some questions that you come up with on your own! Be sure to let me know in the comments if you decide to accept!


Phoebe from Life with Phoebs ]

Abby from Listless ]
Evelyn from The Raven + The Writer ]
Leah from Princess Leah ]

1. What is one, or two, things that you can never resist the urge to impulse buy?

2. Do you like hot tea? If so, what are some of your favorite kinds?
3. What is the latest book you've read?
4. If you could relive a day in your past which would it be and why?
5. What is your favorite color? [I know this is totally unoriginal but I want to know]
6. If you could go on vacation to one spot, where would it be?
7. What is the perfect weather to you?
8. What are you wearing right now?
9. What person in your life are you closest to and how did you meet?
10. What has been the highlight of your week?
11. When was the last time you laughed/cried, and what prompted it? [you can choose which you want to do, or both]

0 comments:

Post a Comment