Saturday, April 25, 2015

selfie shame

Yesterday was a great day. Like a really awesome day. I went shopping with mom, bought little fun things from Target, used a coupon for unlimited soup salad and bread sticks at Olive Garden, and then ate cookie cake with the family that night. And the weather was perfect. It was pretty great. 
But I guess good things never last. Brace yourselves for Olivia's daily dose of awkward. Coming up next!
No, but it was pretty bad. So, after all this fun shopping we were stopping by Aldi's. Mom had gone in to pick up the groceries, but she left me outside in the car with the windows down. It was sunny and comfortable and as you can see from the picture below the lighting was fantastic. So, being the teenage girl that I am, embarrassingly enough I began taking a selfie or two. Being the tactful undercover mastermind that I am, I only snapped one when there was no one in the vicinity to observe my indulgence in these ridiculous antics. Being the apparently blind human that I am, I failed to miss something. This is where the real pain starts.




Sitting in the passengers seat of the car right beside me was a person. An older person. I had been taking selfies right there for them to observe. Man. Didn't know I was capable of having a heart attack til then. But I apparently I am. Because I did.
I still don't know if it was a man or woman. That may or may not be a result of my paranoia from that point on until mom got in the car. In that moment I felt that I represented all that this next generation was to that person. It was. Yeah not the best feeling in the world. So there we go.
Moral of the Story: As a general rule, try to avoid taking selfies in the car. It's rarely worth your time. And if you do BE AWARE OF ALL YOUR SURROUNDINGS AT ALL TIMES. Life or death situation people. Oh, and also just as an aside- don't be who I am. Just don't. It never works out. This blog post: exhibit A.


0 comments:

Post a Comment