Wednesday, December 31, 2014

new years eve '14

Well I was kind of hoping that by this point in the year I would have some New Years resolutions pinned down. Unfortunately I have no specific goals laid out as I would like. But I do [as in I literally just came up with these as I have been typing] have some general areas that I can definitely improve in.


I want to know God more. I want to have a more full and real experience and knowledge of the height and depth and breadth of his love and grace and truth and justice and power. 

I want to have real meaningful fellowship with Him in my devotional times [in prayer and his Word]. I want to be a doer and not a hearer of the Word only. [I literally just typed 'heater of the Word'.....]

I want to suffer for Christ's sake. And no not necessarily in a go to Iran and be imprisoned for his sake. All it takes is a word of truth that you know you'll be insulted for. Taking a stand that you know will be looked down upon. Even as small as shutting up for once and letting your sibling "win" an argument for peace sake. I want to die to self and live to Christ on an entirely new level.

I want to love God more. What else can I say about this? He is so worthy and yet we refused to give him praise. He is so beyond us and yet he drew close. He loved us enough to die the worst possible death for us. He has loved us with an everlasting love. He has given us more than we can ever give back. How selfish would it be not to at least give all we can?

Leading off from that point, I want to love people more. I want to forge new relationships and grow in old ones. Think of all God has done for us after all we had done against him. How prideful, selfish, and hypocritical is it to be offended when someone wrongs us? How many times have we done the same? I want to be forgiving, loving, and always serving. I'm so often self centered and judgemental of others. I want God to take the spirit of sinfulness away. 

I want to appreciate and glory in my salvation. I want to point to Christ in all I do. I want to stay clinging to the Rock that is higher than I. I want to grow in ways I could never have imagined and I want to defeat my sin.

Please come soon Jesus and take all our sins away.




0 comments:

Post a Comment