Monday, December 8, 2014

"but you surpass them all..." proverbs 31

Recently our pastor preached on the godly wife. It made me really think about what I want/God calls me to be as a wife. So, I thought I'd just record some of it here to ingrain the traits in my mind because the way I act now will define who I become as a wife and mother [hopefully] in the future.


// identifying marks of an excellent wife //

- a crown to her husband
enhances respect because she carries herself in reverence to God, her husband, and feminine virtues [self control, wisdom, compassion, modesty ----> dignity] <<proverbs 12:4, 21:30, 31:23>>

- wise manager of the household
prudent----> discerning <<jeremiah 3:15, proverbs 31:13-16, 1 timothy 5:14>>

- completely trustworthy
as far away as possible from the woman of chapter 7. <<proverbs 31:11>>

- means of grace to save husband from burning
marriage----> means of grace to save from moral/eternal ruin <<1 corinthians 7:2-5, proverbs 5:15-23>>

// what an excellent wife is not //

- bringer of shame to the household
shame----> adulterous, hateful, gossiping, drunk, neglectful. shame is a *big* deal. <<proverbs 12:4, 30:20>>

- habitually contentious woman
hateful, angry, determined to oppose at every turn-- not the occasional disagreement or challenging of husband.



<< PROVERBS 19:4>>

0 comments:

Post a Comment