Friday, November 28, 2014

thanksgiving 2 0 1 4

Wow. So Thanksgiving Day is almost over. So much beauty to take in. It was so full of family and food and fellowship and flklsjf. I feel exhausted. But good exhausted. Like drove-three-hours-down-and-then-back-so-we-could-spend-thanksgiving-with-both-sides-of-our-family exhausted. 

I just feel satisfied and thankful. Which I think is how Thanksgiving Day should leave you feeling.


[also it was the last thanksgiving with Abby and Garrett in high school. WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN. WE WERE ALL SUPPOSED TO STAY NEXT DOOR NEIGHBORS IN THE WOODS OF NORTH CAROLINA AND NEVER GROW UP. WHAT.]

whatevs.

so I thought I'd do a small thanksgiving post. Just some things I thought of when Dad mentioned the question of what we're thankful for...

<< my own room >>
I live in a family of 8. We are all homeschooled. We keep an 8 month old baby for most of the week. I think this is pretty self-explanatory. It's so nice just to have my own space to escape, to organize, or even do school. Also-- my bed. Praise Jesus.

<< my church // it's leaders >>
This could take up a couple volumes if that's okay with you all. No--I'm just gonna try to summarize. [hah.] Most importantly, they love//serve God above all. They are incredibly gifted. They take God's Word seriously. And they have a profound love for not only the universal church, but for the whole body and individual members of Grace Reformed Baptist. God has blessed me in a way I can never fully conceive or appreciate by placing me here from a young age. Inconceivable.

<< the promise of heaven >>
sometimes I just want to cry [yeah, it's that time of the month] thinking about the goodness of God in giving us this hope for a new day of no sorrow, no pain, no sin. No matter how bad it gets in this world, we can look beyond it to a day that's greater than we could ever imagine. Not only will we glory in Christ and his glorification we will be glorified ourselves in new renewed bodies and minds. I can't imagine living life without that constant comfort and guide-- that there is something more. And because of Christ, that something is mine.

<< the christmas season >>
well duh. there's so much I could say here. but guess what? I'm not going to because I want to go to bed. #nohate

<< G R A C E >>
the fact that God not only withholds the wrath we earned, but gives us so much infinitely more at the highest of costs to himself. his grace is an ocean-- we're all sinking. how could I ever have any right at any moment of any day to have even a twinge of complaint? I should be bursting and glowing with thankfulness every second of everyday, a thankfulness that this world cannot comprehend. A thankfulness that points ever, only, always to Christ.

Now, to sustain this level of thankfulness throughout the year... ha ha. yeah, I think it's time to start praying....




2 comments:

  1. I loved this post, Livvy. I am also thankful...for my bed...and Grace Reformed Baptist Church! I miss you so much, Livvy. Call me soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh Melinda! I'm so sorry we haven't been able to talk in so long!!! Could you talk today-- around 4 or 5? [ I don't know where I put your phone number:'( ] I miss you too!!!!!!

      Delete