Sunday, November 22, 2015

gratitude tag

What is gratitude?
It is the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.
Often times we forget to show gratitude to one another. Our everyday life struggles get in the way of focusing on what we have and what we can do to show appreciation to one another. Thanksgiving isn't the only time to be reminded of what we are grateful for. We need to be reminded of the people and things that are important to us.With that, I give you the Gratitude Tag! Unlike tags that are centered around the things about thanksgiving (food and black Friday) this is a tag you can do any time of the year.

- Vanessa at Simply Me

1// What is your favorite quote or verse that reminds you to be grateful?
One that isn't directly talking about gratitude, but indirectly affects it is this: "Comparison is the thief of joy." That one always just punches me in the gut because it's so true. Comparing myself, my situation, or my belongings to others dissolves any gratitude I have for those what God has given me. Also that quote "There are people who would love to have your bad days." It's hard to comprehend how incredibly blessed and privileged I am. And 1 Thessalonians 5:18!

2// Who are you grateful for? 
Agh so many people. I'm so thankful for my family and my extended family. They're just the best. And my church family. And just friends. And my sister, especially, who I'm learning to appreciate even more as we plan for her wedding in June. :')

3// What life events are you grateful for?
That's a tough one.. I'm really grateful for the local mission trip our church organized this past summer. It brought all of us so much closer and God just did amazing things through it. 

 4// What is something you are grateful for but often times don't think about?
Whoaaa so many. Um, my bed (♥), a body and mind that are fully functional and capable of learning, the ability to get an education and learn so much, living in a democracy and relative security, air conditioning, and like Vanessa said, FOOD.

5// What are you going to do to show people your gratitude towards them?

Kind of tagging along to what Vanessa said, I tend to be proud or unwilling to admit that I need other people. So, when they do help, or support, or show love for me, I oftentimes resist the urge to thank them or show my gratitude towards, because I want to believe I don't need them or something? I've never really thought through or articulated this before, and it's sounding really foolish (cause it is o.o) but it's definitely something that should change. I do need people and I really am so grateful for the people in my life. It's inconsiderate to them not to show that to them. 

Thanks so much to Vanessa for tagging me! This was such a fun and beneficial post to write ^-^ To spread the word about this fabulous tag, I'll tag 5 others (hopefully I'm not overwhelming some of you that I tagged in my liebster award post too *nervous laughter*)

Abby at Abby and the Pens
Lauren at Loving our Creator
Leah at Princess Leah
Audrey at Whimsical Wanderings
Grace at Totally Graced
And anyone else who's up for it ^-^

12 comments:

  1. I will most definitely have to do this! Thanks for tagging me;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I just stumbled upon your blog, and it's so lovely. I'm looking forward to reading more (:

    xx Lorraine // Laurel Crowned

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh thanks Loraine!!! You're so sweet- can't wait to check out yours! Thanks for stopping by ♥

      Delete
  3. comparison is the thief of joy. amen <3
    it's such a struggle for me to be content because i'm such a jealous little soul sigh. but i guess i gotta remind myself that He will make everything good in His time, everything i have or don't have is from Him.

    thanks for this reminder, you lovely soul xx

    p.s. congrats to your sister! it sounds so exciting (& partially scary too) to have your sister getting married heehee <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agh me too. so glad someone else understands though!!! it's so encouraging to know that other sisters in Christ are struggling with the same things. <3
      thanks for this comment, you lovelier soul xxx
      p.s. thank youuuu ^-^ it is definitely both exciting and scary, haha! i'm excited, but i still don't want her to move out yet gahh. so basically the plan is for me to crash at their house when ever i'm in the mood (aka maybe every night hehe)

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, I love this tag! I'm super excited to do this! Ahhh tags literally make me so happy!

    "Comparison is the thief of joy." Oh my word I love that quote. It is so, so true, it's impossible to be content and happy when we're constantly comparing ourselves and our lives to others. Perfect reminder!!



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA ME TOO! Can't wait to see your answers Grace!!! ^-^
      Oh my word me too. I thought so too!! It's one I need to keep in mind more often. O.o Basically I want my entire words board on pinterest to be taped to the wall of my room so I remember all the quotes all the time, hahaha.

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for doing this tag! I loved reading your answers, the second qoute you mentioned about a bad day is a great one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for tagging me!!! It's so exciting to spread a tag like this with such important reminders :) Yes, definitely one I need to keep in mind more often!!

      Delete
  6. I love this...it's such a good idea and I love the questions. I take for-granted so many things as well; food, my family, a life of freedom.
    Thanks for tagging me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, me too!!! It's always good to be reminded of how much we have :) Of course!! Look forward to reading your answers♥

      Delete