Wednesday, September 23, 2015

DAY 23 // guest post from whimsical wanderings

Hello lovely readers of Summer of 1999! It’s Audrey from Whimsical Wanderings here to share with you the perfect DIY for the first day of fall!

All you need for this fun DIY is a mug (I got mine for a dollar at Dollar Tree!) and a paint pen. THAT'S ALL! Seriously, I'm not kidding, that's really all you need. It's so easy!

My favorite paint pens are from Target. The awesome thing about these pens is that you can use them anywhere! Besides drawing on mugs, I use them to draw and write in Bible (my sister calls them my "Bible doodles"), create hand-lettered prints for my gallery wall, and basically make anything look awesome.

I chose this adorable quote because it makes me think of fall. And also because if you know anything about me, you know that I'm obsessed with hot tea and I'm always cold. So basically this quote is my life.


Once you've got your quote of choice on your coffee mug, all that's left is to bake that sucker at 350°F for 30 minutes. Remember to let the mug heat up with the oven and cool down completely before removing it from the oven. 

And you're done. Told you it was easy! Now all you have left to do is make some hot tea, coffee, or anything pumpkin-flavored and enjoy it in your new mug!

Make sure you gently hand-wash your mug to make sure that the design doesn't come off!

I’m so excited to have Olivia taking over my blog today. She’s talking fall wardrobe staples today, so go check it out HERE!



11 comments:

  1. Love the whole thing and especially the QUOTE<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Let me know if you try it, I would love to see what you make!

      Delete
  3. so cute! ^^ so is the mug safe to wash and everything after all this? (I'd really love to try this, but all my fave autumn quotes are too long to fit on a mug haha)

    O | Life as a Young Lady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay to gently hand-wash them! And you could always bake the mug a second time to make sure the paint's really on there!

      Delete
  4. I love this, it's so cute! I'll have to pick up a plain mug tonight :)

    ~Noor
    a little bit of sunshine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what you come up with! Thanks for reading, Noor!

      Delete
  5. This is such a cute idea, Audrey! I never realized how easy it was to design your own mug. I totes want to try it like right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannah! Definitely try it out, it's so much fun!

      Delete
  6. I just couldn't leave your website before telling you that I truly enjoyed the top quality info you present to your visitors? Will be back again frequently to check up on new posts. I will make 100 unique domains SEO service blog comments backlinks

    ReplyDelete