Sunday, August 15, 2021

lately I am tender

Lately everything
Matters and hurts too much
And I feel young and tender
And jerk back from feeling
Before it takes over

Lately I try to breathe 
Against the hurt of the world
People are dying, wanting,
Fighting, losing, losing,
And I know them all

Lately I count money
To a soundtrack of an empty room
An empty seat at someone's table
And this is all too ugly for a poem
And I hate it and I hate it
And I want it to be gone

Lately I am tender 
But some people can't afford to be

Lately I am tender
And look for gentleness in your face
And I can't always see
But your face too is tender
And it weeps for all these things

4 comments:

  1. This one gave me goosebumps all over.
    Thank you <3 Sometimes it's so good to know you're not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Literally felt the same way hearing people's response to this. I was like I'm not the only one ?!!? Thank you <3

      Delete